Friday, May 11, 2007

Birth of a Naturalist!



Being citified, I have always thought that city life is what I am accustomed to and also felt that I would never be able to live in a country or in a place wrapped with wilderness…until I met Lynn, a nature lover!

I met Lynn, a Hurricane Katrina survivor, a few months before Hurricane Katrina, one of the deadliest hurricanes in the history of the United States. Within the first few weeks of our meeting, I was able to discover her passion for nature. She always spoke about her yard where she grew vegetables, flowers, trees etc. Her love for nature seemed immeasurable. She sent me pictures of the flowers and fruits which grew in her pretty little garden. I was in awe for her love and respect for nature (earth). She always told me that she felt connected to the earth when she was out in the nature. At first, I was not too excited about gardening or anything related to it, but the way she portrayed the beauty of God’s creation, I really wanted to explore the beauty of Nature and experience the joy which I was missing. As our friendship grew, so did my love for nature, along with our friendship!

No comments: